300g slivered blanched almonds
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
2 egg whites
zest of 1 orange
1tsp almond extract
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
2. Measure a 1/2 cup of the 300g slivered blanched almonds. Coarsely chop the almonds. Set to the side in a flat pan.
3. Put the rest of the silvered blanched almonds and the granulated sugar into a food processor. Grind together into a fine powder.
4. Add the icing sugar, zest and almond extract. Pulse 2 seconds.
5. Add the egg whites and pulse until it forms a firm paste.
6. Take walnut sized teaspoon of the firm paste and shape into a cylinder.
7. Roll the cylinder in the coarsely chopped almonds and shape into a crescent shape.
8. Place on parchment paper on a baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes until very light golden brown.