for the lamb:
1 New Zealand Lamb French Rack, (385 grams)
1 heaped teaspoon oregano*
1 teaspoon salt*
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper*
for the mashed potatoes:
2 medium potatoes*
1 cup diced Foodsaver Sweet Potatoes
1 teaspoon Ardo Diced Garlic
1/4 cup Foodsaver Onion Cubes
3 tablespoons Lurpak Salted Butter
4 tablespoons milk*
Serve alongside boiled Ardo Bio Peas with grated lemon zest and butter
All ingredients are available at Foodsaver (except those marked with an *)
1. Turn on the oven boiler (about 260C). In a small bowl, mix together the oregano, salt and pepper.
2. Using a knife, make a shallow slice to separate the ribs slightly.
3. Generously rub the rack all over with oregano mix.
4. Place the lamb in the oven and cook for 25 minutes for a medium roasted rack-of-lamb, turning the rack over after 10 minutes. If the lamb looks like it might burn, cover it with tin foil. If you prefer well done, continue to cook the lamb until the meat is no longer red.
5. To make the mashed potatoes, place a pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil. Boil the potatoes, sweet potatoes, garlic and onion until the vegetables are soft. Drain the ingredients. Add butter, milk and salt and pepper to taste and mash the mixture together.