1. Chicken Broth: Add ingredients into a large pot and fill with water to the very top of the pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 2 hours. Taste once the chicken has been cooked and add salt to taste. The meat should easily be pulled off of the drumsticks.
2. Skim any froth off the top of the chicken broth as it boils.
3. Once the chicken broth is made, strain the chicken broth into another pot. Take pieces of chicken from the drumstick and add to the broth.
4. If making soup, follow the recipe below. Otherwise let the broth cool and place it in freezer containers.
5. Chicken Soup: To make chicken soup: boil the broth, add the ingredients for the soup. Let cook until the pasta is ready. Garnish with coriander.
I have just arrived in Cyprus via London. It is sunny and warm outside. Ernie, my pug, is snoring loudly by the door. Cyprus itself is pretty much as I left it. But me? I have a serious case of jet lag and a leftover plane-cold. I feel as though my personality is still floating somewhere over the Atlantic. I’m just no good at jet-lag. Here are some of the things I think about or do when I am jet-lagged. Unedited and admittedly random.
10. Watch my dog snore. Wonder why it’s so easy for dogs to sleep.
9. Contemplate re-writing the lyrics to the “Sound of Silence” by Simon & Garfunkel and make them about jet lag. “Hello jet-lag my old friend, you’ve come to wake me once again”. That’s as far as I get. Don’t know the rest of the lyrics.
8. Watch Columbo reruns.
7. Rearrange the layout of my living room. In my head.
6. Think about whether I could really go through with catching, killing and eating an octopus. They are so smart. It feels mean to kill an octopus.
5. 3:30am thought: I hope Canada wins gold in ice hockey at the Olympics this year.
4. It’s 4am now. Thought: let’s see what’s on instagram.
3. It’s 4:30am. If I get up now, it’s like I am getting up really early in the morning. I am sure there are people who wake up at this time. It’d be totally normal for me to get up.
2. It’s 5am now. Thought: let’s see what’s on instagram.
I spent one day in London on the way to Cyprus and took some photos of my trip with my i-phone. I’ve posted them above, along with a picture of a “boureki” – a type of mini Cypriot pork pie. “Boureki” are a savoury treat and I’ll post the recipe in the coming days. Today’s recipe is however chicken noodle soup. Jet lag always makes me seek comfort food and chicken noodle soup is my go-to recipe. It all comes down to having a good chicken stock. I like to add flavour by adding some ginger and fennel seeds. Whenever I make chicken stock I always make a lot of it, that way you always have it in the freezer for a rainy day or for those moments when you are craving an easy meal. To make the chicken soup you simply chop up some celery, carrot, onion, add a little bit of coriander and some noodles and you have yourself the perfect cup of comfort soup. Perfect for those jet-lagged days…and nights.
After going over a few of the blog posts on your web page, I
seriously like your waay of blogging. I added it to my bookmark
webpage list and will be checking back soon. Please visit my website too and
let me know your opinion.
My homepage: Italian food
Thanks Sherlyn for stopping by and your lovely comments! Your website is lovely and I look forward to checking it out in future too! I just ADORE Italian food!
I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don’t know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already Cheers!