for the carrot cake:
scant 2 cups Mitsides Village Flour
1 & 1/2 cups brown cane sugar (light brown sugar is OK too)
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon grated cloves
pinch of vanilla powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound carrots, peeled and grated (you do not have to squeeze out the juice)
for the frosting
225 grams cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons whipping cream
pinch vanilla extract
1 & 1/4 cups icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter and flour a medium sized bundt pan.
2. Beat the eggs together with 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown cane sugar. Beat for about 5 minutes, until the mixture is quite light and airy.
3. Slowly add the vegetable oil to the eggs and sugar, continue to beat the mixture while doing so for about another 5 minutes.
4. In a separate large bowl, mix together the Mitsides Village Flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar.
5. Add half of the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, using a spatula to fold in the wet ingredients to the dry. Do not over mix tOnce he batter, as it will not rise very well if you do. Add the remaining liquid mixture to the dry ingredients until just combined, so that there are no “dry” ingredients visible.
6 .Pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Once the cake has cooled, frost it. To make the icing, add the butter, cream cheese, vanilla and whipping cream in a bowl and mix together on high speed. Slowly add the sugar until combined. Frost the cake as desired.