600g brussels sprouts
2 tbs olive
salt & pepper
113g thick-cut bacon, sliced crosswise into small pieces
250g chantrelles (halved if large)
1 finely chopped small onion
2 large garlic cloves
2 tbsp dry sherry
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
juice of half a lemon
1. Toss the brussels sprouts in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Add the brussels sprouts to a grill pan on medium-high heat. Cook until tender and lightly charred, about 8 minutes. (I like brussels sprouts on the crunchy side, so if you want to make sure they are well cooked, blanche the brussels sprouts before you add them to the grill pan and once you add them to the grill pan, cook for about 4-7 minutes.)
3. Once the brussels sprouts are lightly charred, remove the sprouts from the pan and place in a bowl.
4. Cook bacon in the pan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until crisp. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate.
5. Add mushrooms to the pan, toss to coat, and cook without stirring, about 3 minutes.
6. Add onion and garlic and cook until the onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat, and add sherry and red pepper flakes. Cook until the liquid has evaporated, about 1 minute.
8. Return the brussels sprouts and bacon to the pan, and toss all together. Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. (I think the lemon juice makes this dish, so don’t be shy to add a good amount of lemon juice).