for the cake
1 cup granulated sugar
2.5 tbs finely grates lemon rind
1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cups Mitsides All-Purpose Flour
2 tbs poppy seeds
1 tsp ginger
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream
for the glaze
about 1 cup (more or less) icing sugar
juice from 1 clementine
1/4 tsp vanilla sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 160C and butter and flour a bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, add the lemon rind and sugar. Mix together with your fingers so that the sugar absorbs the lemon rind.
3. Add the butter to the sugar mixture and beat well for 5 minutes, until the butter turns white and fluffy. Add one egg at a time, beating well to incorporate.
4. In another bowl, mix together your dry ingredients: the flour, poppy seeds, ginger, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
5. Then add the dry ingredients and sour cream to the sugar mixture on an alternating basis, starting and ending with the dry ingredients (3 batches).
6. Bake for about 35-40 minutes, until a stick inserted in the middle of the bundt cake comes out clean.
7. Prepare the icing glaze. Take 1 cup of icing sugar and add the juice from 1 clementine until you reach a pourable consistency. Add 1/4 tsp of vanilla sugar and stir. Leave in the fridge to slightly thicken for about 20 minutes.
8. Once the cake has completely cooled, pour the thickened glaze over top. And enjoy.