5 pieces of about 1.5cm thick-sliced tsoureki (it is best if the tsoureki is slightly hard)
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 large egg
1/3 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1tbs coconut oil for pan-frying (you can use olive oil if you prefer)
1.5 tsp salted butter for pan-frying
cinnamon, icing sugar, maple sugar to taste
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Whisk the whipping cream, egg, vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
3. Heat coconut oil (or olive oil) and butter in a frying pan to about medium level (e.g. about 7/10).
4. Soak bread slices in cream mixture for about 5 seconds on each side.
5. Cook bread in pan for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown on each side.
6. If the oil starts to turn a bit brown or reduces before you have finished frying all pieces of bread, simply add a bit more coconut oil and salted butter to the pan in the same proportion as above.
7. Place cooked pieces of toast in a shallow pan and place in oven for 1 minute before serving.
8. Serve with maple syrup, powdered sugar and cinnamon to taste. Also, if a special day, add some whipped cream and strawberries for some extra yumminess!
Hi afroditeskitchen.com administrator, You always provide useful tips and best practices.
Hello afroditeskitchen.com owner, Your posts are always well-supported by research and data.
Hello afroditeskitchen.com owner, You always provide practical solutions and recommendations.
To the afroditeskitchen.com webmaster, Keep up the good work!
Hi afroditeskitchen.com administrator, Your posts are always thought-provoking and inspiring.
Hello afroditeskitchen.com administrator, Thanks for the informative post!
To the afroditeskitchen.com webmaster, Your posts are always well-received and appreciated.
Dear afroditeskitchen.com administrator, You always provide great insights.
To the afroditeskitchen.com webmaster, Thanks for the well-structured and well-presented post!
Hello afroditeskitchen.com administrator, Your posts are always well researched and well written.